Total Pageviews

Friday 6 December 2013

Deaths summons me


As I watched her open the creaking gate I hoped, with all my strength, that what people had said about that house wasn’t true. It was rumoured that the very garden we were standing in was the place where death himself had taken a little child for his own. The next thing I know, I’m standing baffled, in the middle of an ancient hallway which looked as if a murder had taken place there. I heard a strange scratching coming from the dining room. 

I let out a shrill scream and the noise stopped.

“So you came, alas, I haven’t had a new victim in a while”

 He hissed

“Come to me child and let me invite you to live forever as one of my loyal servants!”

3 comments:

  1. A fantastic account whoever you are! Remember to include your name in the title.

    A very chilling account of becoming Death's new apprentice. Good use of a short powerful sentence in. 'He hissed' and also using complex sentence structures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A very powerful post indeed for the 100WC. You have dragged the reader straight in to understanding the story and shown the emotions of your main character. You have added super details - the ancient hallway, strange scratchings - all helping the reader to create a picture as they read.
    Thank you for sharing your great writing skills for the 100WC. I really enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete

Comments can be made by selecting 'anonymous' from the drop down menu. However, please add your name at the end of the comments box as we like to know who our comments come from.