Total Pageviews

Friday 4 October 2013

The Dismal Diaries of Ernie by Tina


What a miserable day I’ve had!

After my bland breakfast of oats, I went for a walk in the town where all of the Giants were hurrying along the long, never ending pavement. As I leisurely approached the side lane into the allotments, where I was planning on having my lunch, a frantic toddler confronted me, waving its small podgy arms in the icy wind. Avoiding the little creature I turned into the veggie patch as I wanted to munch the crunchy orange carrots.

2 comments:

  1. Good describing words Tina, especially bland, leisurely and frantic. I'd be interested to see how you would include 'funny' and 'pavement'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina, well done for entering the 100WC this week.
    You have used some fabulous vocabulary; bland, leisurely approached, allotments, frantic, confronted, podgy, avoiding and creature.
    These words really bring your writing to life and create a picture in my head.
    You have also used a variety of sentence starters which keeps your writing interesting too.
    Maybe next time, you could add a simile to your writing too.
    Well done and keep writing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can be made by selecting 'anonymous' from the drop down menu. However, please add your name at the end of the comments box as we like to know who our comments come from.