Total Pageviews

Friday 11 October 2013

Unopened Package by Millie S


One day I, Elizabeth beckany, decided to face my fear of heights. But not everything would go according to plan...

I was 26 years old and had nothing. Then I got lucky. I went on a game show and won a skydiving trip. 3,000 meters above the ground and an hour long flight up there. As soon as I got home I realized there was one problem. I couldn’t go. I would just make a fool of myself, in the end I was forced into it and before I knew it I was on the fearful flight. And trembling, I leaped off the plane and looking down, I was surprised to see a spectacular view of the grass glittering in the fields and forests. It wasn’t that bad! But then the worst thing possible happened. I realized I was carrying an unopened package instead of a parachute. I lived a good life...

3 comments:

  1. Another amazing piece of writing Millie, you have really thought about your ending right from the beginning. You have a particular 100 WC writing style and I'd encourage anyone to read your past entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Millie I cant believe you used the riddle any way its quite good I liked I lived a good life part from Millie w

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a powerful piece of writing, Millie. I loved the fact that you cast yourself as a 26 year old so confidently. Your writing has a lovely rhythm, and you keep your readers guessing all the way to the end. At first I thought it would be a sad story; then I thought everything was going to end well; but then your disaster struck!

    Re-read these 2 sentences: "I went on a game show and won a skydiving trip. 3,000 meters above the ground and an hour long flight up there." Could you have joined the two sentences together using a different piece of punctuation? Would that have made the writing clearer?

    ReplyDelete

Comments can be made by selecting 'anonymous' from the drop down menu. However, please add your name at the end of the comments box as we like to know who our comments come from.