Total Pageviews

Friday 14 February 2014

by Joseph Maison Emmanuel


Did the ball cross the line?

England v Germany world cup 2010, Frank Lampard shot and Neuer could not stop it. Did it cross the line? If we had goal line technology we would be able to find out. The Germans were appealing it wasn’t a goal however the English said it was. If you Google images you will see the ball clearly crossed the line by a couple of feet. Do you think Fifa should have made a rematch between England and Germany to make it fair? So they had a meeting to find an answer. Although the match was not replayed, goal line technology is now in place.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joseph, I think this is an interesting take on explanation text. By the end of your piece we find that you have been working up to the reasons behind the introduction of goal line technology. I can see you know your subject which is essential in this type of writing, and I enjoyed the questions as they made me think for myself. Don't forget to use the prompt as it is stated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joe its your mum I also like your story and I think you done a fantastic job.xxx well done

    ReplyDelete

Comments can be made by selecting 'anonymous' from the drop down menu. However, please add your name at the end of the comments box as we like to know who our comments come from.