Total Pageviews

Friday 7 February 2014

Somerset by Jamie and Tanya

Hi I’m Tanya and I’m Jay and we’re going to discover people’s houses in Somerset. Loads of people in Somerset had floods in their houses.

At the moment we are talking to Jade, her house is really drenched. She cried,

“My dad was downstairs watching TV when all of a sudden a huge wave hit the glass and broke it. He tried to get upstairs but it was too strong and it swiped him right to the ground!”

The lady told us that her baby got lost in the water,


“I tried to look for her! All I could see was water ...” 

3 comments:

  1. I like this because it is very topical.
    Instead of swiped you should have put swept
    From Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to do it as a news report. In the first paragraph I think it would be better if you were to "discover the stories of the people affected by the flooding" I also think that calling it their homes, rather than houses, would be more powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I loved the style that you wrote your entry in this week. It’s a really good idea to relate the prompt to what has been happening around us. Imagine if what you had written was true and that poor lady really had lost her baby! Terrible! Well done for entering the 100wc this week. I look forward to reading your next entry!
    Mrs Symonds (Team 100WC)
    Linton, England

    ReplyDelete

Comments can be made by selecting 'anonymous' from the drop down menu. However, please add your name at the end of the comments box as we like to know who our comments come from.