Total Pageviews

Friday 7 February 2014

Trafalgar by Heather

Thursday 12 November 1805                  

               Dear Diary,
We’re lost! It’s the middle of the Napoleonic war and my heads full to bursting with the dreadful noises of the battle. Loud bangs of our weaponry; the howling wind in our sails and the blood curdling screams of ended lives is sure to haunt my every living moment. Death waits round every corner; my heart beats faster than a pack of hungry wolves after fresh meat. I wish all this would end. I wish I could see my family. Earlier a storm suddenly hit us, quickly sweeping us away from battle. Safe, in our ship, we think. But all we could see was water...      

                                              

3 comments:

  1. HI heather great diary entry! but could it may be be one tense most likly past tense. from Jafna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! I really, really love the vivid picture you paint with your words and how that lends a real sense of tension. You use so many literary features with ease but alas, did not quite match up the tense of the opener to your text! Brilliant effort! Mrs Avis ( Team 100 WC)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather I love your story which had lots of good adjectives.
    from Georgina .

    ReplyDelete

Comments can be made by selecting 'anonymous' from the drop down menu. However, please add your name at the end of the comments box as we like to know who our comments come from.