Total Pageviews

Friday 15 November 2013

Remembering by Millie W


Dad! Dad! Mum where is dad? Why are you crying?” “Dad’s gone and I, I, I don’t know if he’s ever coming back.”

I knew that I couldn’t hold back the tears. Inside I could feel my heart break and everything else turn black. Life would never be the same. Dad did a lot for us; put food on the table; tucked us in at night. Oh how I was going to miss him. 

Sometimes I wonder if he’s coming back. Sometimes I pray for him to come back.

“Dear lord, please bring my daddy back, dad please come home xxxx.”  

1 comment:

  1. A very moving first person account Millie. I particularly like your use of characterisation in your opening speech and your use of semi colons to quickly tell us what Dad did. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Comments can be made by selecting 'anonymous' from the drop down menu. However, please add your name at the end of the comments box as we like to know who our comments come from.