Total Pageviews

Friday 15 November 2013

The Fields by Millie S


As I hopped through the graveyard with my one good leg I started to remember how I got there, trying to die.

I remembered that I was taking a walk with my little sister Elise, picking prestigious poppies for the soldiers. Suddenly we’re surrounded by them, two different teams, waiting to fire.

“RUN!” I shouted to her, but she was frozen with fear, I didn’t know how to help. Soon it was too late, she was lying dead on the ground and I was shot in the leg. The surgeons came to save me. As soon as I was allowed out I went straight to the graveyard and here I am now, about to hang myself.

Hello, Elise.

2 comments:

  1. A very dark and sad ending Millie. Great punctuation throughout and excellent use of alliteration. Maybe try for a happier account next time. Aim to make me laugh and smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol Team 100 WC Newcastle UK18 November 2013 at 00:53

    Oh Millie, what a sad account you have given us this week in the challenge! You describe well losing your sister and heading to the graveyard to join her. This makes the final two words so poignant - well done!

    ReplyDelete

Comments can be made by selecting 'anonymous' from the drop down menu. However, please add your name at the end of the comments box as we like to know who our comments come from.