Total Pageviews

Friday 6 September 2013

Hotdog’s day in candy land by Tina


One pleasant morning, Hotdog was watering his petunias with his shimmering, yellow watering can, when a thought sprung into his mind...

“Why don’t I go on holiday to Candy land to visit Kitty?”

The very same afternoon, Hotdog had packed his bags and had arrived at the glorious land of candy. 

As soon as he had dumped his bags on his bed, Hotdog was in the heart of Candy land bouncing on the cotton candy Mountains waving his arms frantically. Suddenly I heard a crack and almost instantly a chunk of candy cane fell and knocked him out cold.

6 comments:

  1. I loved reading this and I want to go to Candy Land? I like the detail in your first paragraph (especially the shimmering, yellow watering can) and the way you have created a cliff-hanger at the end.

    Next time be careful that you don't use 'I' instead of 'he' or 'Hotdog' as for your last sentence you wrote 'Suddenly I ...' to make it perfect.

    Well done as you have worked hard on your use of vocabulary and openers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely description - I especially love cotton candy mountains!

    I agree with Mrs Wilson, the last paragraph becomes confusing. Also the extra comma in some sentences will help tell the reader, when to pause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina,
    I love the idea of candyland and a person called hotdog, it's so creative! I especially liked your great adjectives

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for including adverbs. I really liked your first paragraph.

    Super effort for including a complex sentence! Keep it up!

    Mr Duffin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tina your writing is FAB! well done for getting exactly 100 words.

    ReplyDelete

Comments can be made by selecting 'anonymous' from the drop down menu. However, please add your name at the end of the comments box as we like to know who our comments come from.