Total Pageviews

Friday 10 January 2014

You’re not alone by Heather


Excitedly, on Christmas morning, I leaped up and ran down stairs, eager to open my presents, however it wasn’t long before I had one left.  Uncle George gave this to me, so I wasn’t that fussed over it; I acted like it though, because on the other side of the room, mum was giving me evils (if looks could kill I’d be dead). As I suspected it was a plastic doll for five year olds nevertheless I went up stairs to my room with some batteries.  But when I put the batteries in, it followed me for life.

4 comments:

  1. Well done Heather. I like your commentary to the reader in the brackets. Your sentence openers are also great.

    Could one or two of your sentences ended with an exclamation mark?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Mullard (Team 100WC)12 January 2014 at 08:42

    I like the way you show the relationships between the three family members, Heather. Uncle George has clearly given you disappointing presents before and the reader enjoys the tension you create between yourself and mum over the unopened present. That the present turned out to be so unsuitable is amusing but you cleverly end with a chilling note of horror! A very good response to the 100WC, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’re not alone by Heather


    Excitedly, on Christmas morning, I leaped up and ran down stairs, eager to open my presents, however it wasn’t long before I had one left. Uncle George gave this to me, so I wasn’t that fussed over it; I acted like it though, because on the other side of the room, mum was giving me evils (if looks could kill I’d be dead!) As I suspected it was a plastic doll for five year olds nevertheless I went up stairs to my room with some batteries. But when I put the batteries in, it followed me for life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was excellent Heather you did great and I loved the ending it was kind of a cliff hanger. niamh

    ReplyDelete

Comments can be made by selecting 'anonymous' from the drop down menu. However, please add your name at the end of the comments box as we like to know who our comments come from.